Reliant Scimitar Tyres
- The classic Reliant Scimitar originally fitted a 185-14 radial tyre.
- We can offer you one of the ultimate classic tyres in the 185 HR 14 Michelin MXV-P, this tyre will offer excellent handling.
- We can also offer the 185 R 14 Vredestein for those on a tighter budget.
- Fortunately we are now able to offer a performance whitewall tyre in the 185 R 14 Michelin MXV Whitewall, whitewall lovers won't need to sacrifice performance for fashion with this tyre.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 14F inner tube.
The following list is what Longstone Tyres recommends as the best tyres to fit to your Reliant Scimitar:
Reliant Scimitar Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Reliant Scimitar
Based on the chassis of the earlier classic Scimitar coupé and the Ogle design GTS estate car experiment, the classic four-seater Reliant Scimitar SE5 came with the 3.0 L Ford Essex engine. This gave the SE5 a claimed top speed of over 120 mph therefore needing to fit a good classic car tyre such as the Michelin MXV-P. A Borg warner automatic gearbox was added as an option in 1970 and by 1971, overdrive on the 4-speed manual was offered. In 1972 several improvements were included in the upgrade to SE5A, including a boost in power. The extra 7 hp and maximum engine speed raised performance quite a bit and the classic GTE was now capable of 0-60 mph in 8.5 seconds and top speed was raised to 121 mph . The SE5's flat dashboard also gave way to a curved and moulded plastic one.
Directly following the announcement of the car, Autocar magazine tested a classic 3 litre Reliant Scimitar GTE in October 1968. They reported a maximum speed of 117 mph and a 0-60 mph time of 10.7 seconds. Overall fuel consumption for the test came in at 18.5 mpg.
4311 classic Reliant Scimitars SE5 were produced. The 5A model sold more than any other Scimitar, with 5105 manufactured. Princess Anne was given a manual overdrive SE5 for Christmas 1970 by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. It was Air Force blue in colour with a grey leather interior and registered 1420 H in recognition of her position as Colonel-in-Chief of the 14th/20th Hussars. Princess Anne later owned 8 other classic GTE's.