Fiat 124 Tyres
- Fiat 124 Estate originally fitted a 560 - 13 Tyres crossply tyres. The only tyre in this size is the 5.60 x 13 Camac which we would not recommend for the 124.
- The radial alternative is 165 R13, in this size the 165 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF would be perfect.
- The Fiat 124 Special & 124 Special T fitted 150-13 or 155R13. We would suggest 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF or 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 as the best choices.
- Fiat 124 Spider and 124 Coupe fitted 165R13. We suggest fitting 165 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF or 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- 155 R13 and 165 R13 tyres are best fit with Michelin 13D inner tubes.
- 175 R13 and 185 R13 tyres are best fit with Michelin 13E inner tubes.
- Inner tubes are not necessary for most radial tyres, but they can still be a good option compared to going tubeless. For more information, see our inner tube guide.
- Click this link to see tyre pressure recommendations for the Fiat 124.
Fiat 124 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Fiat 124 Tyres
History of the Fiat 124
The Fiat 124 is a mid-sized family car manufactured and marketed by Fiat between 1966 and 1974. The 124 is known also as the basis of the Russian-produced Lada, made until 1988. Adding other licensed variants manufactured worldwide like the Lada onto the original Fiat production run makes the 124's overall production at nearly 20 million units; making it the fourth biggest-selling single automobile platform of all time. In Spain, it is known as the SEAT 124, in India as the Premier 118NE and in Russia as the VAZ-2101 (though this would later become Lada 1200 when exporting).
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. However, in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.