Osca MT4 Classic Tyres
Osca MT4 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Osca MT4 Tyres
History of the Osca MT4
The MT4 was the first automobile constructed by Osca. The name MT4 stands for Maserati Tipo 4 Cilindri (Maserati type 4 Cylinders) referring to the MT4's 1,092cc 4 cylinder engine that was constructed with an in house designed engine block. The bodywork was constructed as a two-seater Barchetta, which refers to a Bodystyle of an open-top two-seater sports car. The engine was modified to an even larger 1,342cc capacity in 1949 and in 1950, a new Double-Overhead camshaft was added to the engine, further raising the power to 99hp at 6,300 rpm and again this increased to 108hp at 6,200 rpm with an engine size increase to 1453cc in 1953. In 1955 the engine was upgraded to an all-new Tipo 372 DS twin spark engine with a capacity of 1491cc which produced 118 hp at 6,300 rpm. This engine was implemented in the MT4 TN (Tipo Nuovo) the same year and received the new name FS 372, only 5 were constructed.
The Osca Mt4 was first raced in 1948 at the Pescara Circuit and the Grand Prix of Naples, where Luigi Villoresi claimed a victory. The 1954 12 Hours of Sebring was won by Stirling Moss and Bill Lloyd in an OSCA MT4 with the Briggs Cunningham team. Sir Stirling Moss continued racing his own MT4 across the globe until his retirement in 2011.