525/550 - 18 Tyres
- The tyre size 5.25/5.50-18 was a popular vintage tyre size in the 1930s.
- Cars such as the Bugatti Type 57, Derby Bentley and Pre War Aston Martin fitted 525/550-18 tyres.
- As a top performance vintage sports car tyre in the size 5.25/5.50-18 We recommend the 5.50-18 Pirelli Stella Bianca.
- The Michelin 5.50-18 DR offers an excellent comfortable ride.
- There is also the 5.50/600-18 Dunlop Racing.
- Lucas make a 5.25/5.50 x 18 Lucas which is great value with a period tread pattern.
- The 5.25/5.50 x 18 Ensign has stiff side walls and uses the 1940s Dunlop D2/103 tread pattern.
- Inner tube for 525/550 - 18: Michelin 17/18H RET Offset Valve tube.
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 525/550 - 18: Rim Tape for Wire Wheel 18" - 21".
- 525/550 - 18 can also be described as: 525/550 x 18, 550-18, 5.50-18 or 5.25/5.50-18.
- In period tyre manufacturers would have made a 5.25-18 tyre and a 5.50-18 tyre. Now they make a 5.25/5.50-18 to cover both sizes.
525/550 - 18 Vintage Tyres
525/550 - 18 Inner Tubes