Talbot Sunbeam Lotus
Talbot Sunbeam Lotus Tyres
- We would suggest fitting the 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF for a Talbot Sunbeam.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- For a wider low-profile alternative we would suggest the 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36.
- Longstone strongly recommends fitting the 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 for a Talbot Sunbeam Lotus.
- These tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E inner tube.
- The Michelin XAS and PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 are both iconic sports car tyres offering the best handling and directional stability available for classic Talbot Sunbeam's.
- It is worth pointing out that the CINTURATO ™ CN36 was original equipment on the Talbot Sunbeam Lotus.
Talbot Sunbeam Lotus Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Talbot Sunbeam Lotus Tyres
History of the Talbot Sunbeam
Built between 1980-1981, the Talbot Sunbeam was a face-lifted version of the Chrysler Sunbeam that had been made from 1977. Following the success of the Chrysler Sunbeam Lotus in rallying, a rebranded road version was released to much acclaim known as the Talbot Sunbeam Lotus that would go on to see much success too in the rallying world.
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. Sadly in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.