Triumph Dolomite Tyres
Here is what Longstone Tyres recommends for your Triumph Dolomite Sprite:
- Dolomite 1300 - 155HR13 Michelin XAS or 175/70VR13 Pirelli Cinturato CN36.
- Dolomite 1500 - 155HR13 Michelin XAS or 175/70VR13 Pirelli Cinturato CN36.
- Dolomite 1500 HL - Michelin XAS or 175/70VR13 Pirelli Cinturato CN36.
- Dolomite 1850 HL - 155R13 Michelin XAS or 175/70VR13 Pirelli Cinturato CN36.
- Dolomite Sprint - 175/70VR13 Pirelli Cinturato CN36.
- 155 R 13 tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- 175/70 R 13 tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E inner tube.
- Triumph Dolomite Tyre pressures 26psi in the front and 30psi in the rear.
- Triumph Dolomite Sprint tyre pressures 30psi front and rear.
When the boss of Longstone Tyres was a young lad his parents had a Dolomite Sprint and he has happy memories of it. One being the overdrive switch on the gear stick that was very exciting to an 8 year old, a bit like James Bonds ejector seat button. But the most exciting memory was his dad driving over hump back bridges that the kids in the back seat would bump their heads on the roof of the car. This was repeated until there were tears.
Triumph Dolomite Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Triumph Dolomite
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is common place to come across a tyre test. However in the world of classic tyres the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relationship to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.
History of the Triumph Dolomite
Built between 1972-1980, the Triumph Dolomite was a small saloon car that was designed as a replacement to the Triumph Herald. A popular range, it was intended to be a contender to other performance yet also luxury cars like the BMW 2002 and Ford Cortina GXL. However the BMW 2002 still had the edge performance wise, so to counter this Triumph created the Dolomite Sprint which offered similar performance to that of a BMW 2002 Tii but at £1000 cheaper (the equivalent to £12000 cheaper today). Aside from the Dolomite Sprint there was also the Dolomite 1300, Dolomite 1500, Dolomite 1500HL & Dolomite 1850HL.