Hillman Hunter Tyres
Hillman Hunter 1966–1979
- We recommend the 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 or the 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF as the best Hillman Hunter tyres.
- The 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 can be fitted as a low-profile tyre.
- The Hilman Hunter did come fitted with tubeless wheels as standard. However, you might like an innertube for a puncture, pitted wheels, or if your wheel rims aren't in the best condition.
- 155 R13 tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D innertube.
- 175/70 R13 tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E innertube.
Hillman Hunter Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Hillman Hunter Tyres
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. Unfortunately in the world of classic tyres the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.
History of the Hillman Hunter
The Hillman Hunter was one of the numerous badge-engineered models produced from 1966 to 1979 and was one of the final Rootes exclusive designs before being taken over by Chrysler. Faced with funding shortages as a result of poor sales of the Hillman Imp, the first Arrow model was introduced. The Hillman Hunter, which was marketed as a successor for the Hillman Super Minx, was introduced. The Hunter was lighter than its predecessor, the Hillman Super Minx, and its wheel-base was actually 6.4 cm shorter, but the length of the passenger compartment was enhanced by relocating the engine and toe-board forwards.