Lagonda 2.6 Litre
Lagonda 2.6 Litre Saloon
Lagonda 2.6 Litre Tyres
- The 2½ Litre Lagonda of the late '40s and early '50s fitted 600 - 16 Tyres.
- The best crossply road tyre is 6.00-16 PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA.
- A perfect radial alternative for a 2.6-Litre Lagonda is the 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- Michelin make the best quality innertubes, the 16F innertube will best fit these tyres.
Like most of the high performance cars of that period the 2.6 Litre Lagonda fitted 600X16 crossply tyres. In the late 40's Michelin were making a 185 SR 16 Michelin X.
In the early 50's Pirelli introduced their Cinturato. Aston Martin also offered Pirelli Cinturato as their radial tyre of choice for their Feltham made cars, a 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 will make these early Post-war Aston Martin Lagondas better suited to modern roads.
Lagonda 2.6 Litre Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Lagonda 2.6 Litre Tyres
History of the Lagonda 2.6-Litre
The Lagonda 2.6-Litre is a car manufactured by Lagonda in the United Kingdom from 1948 to 1953. It was the company's debut model after being purchased by David Brown in 1947, and it was dubbed the 2.6 Litre for the new straight-6 engine that debuted with the automobile. W. O. Bentley created the so-called Lagonda straight-6 engine, which would drive Lagonda's new parent firm, Aston Martin, to commercial success.
The 2.6-Litre was a bigger vehicle than the Aston Martins built during David Brown's ownership, and it was offered as a 4-door saloon and, beginning in 1949, like a 2-door drophead coupé, both with four passengers. Tickford, which was not part of Aston Martin at the time, bodied the drophead. In 1952, a Mark II saloon version was introduced, with engine power raised to 125 horsepower. Despite being an expensive car and being released soon after the second world war. The 2.6L sold relatively well, with 510 examples produced by the time manufacturing ceased in 1953.