Citroen Traction Avant
Citroen Traction Tyres
The Citroen Traction Avant fits a range of Michelin tyres depending on the model:
- 165 SR 400 Michelin X or 130/140 x 40 Michelin SCSS for a Citroen Traction Avant 7A, 7B, 7 Sport & 7C.
- These tyres are best suited to Michelin 16E inner tubes.
- 165R400 Michelin or 150/160x40 Michelin SCSS for a Citroen Traction Avant 11B, 11BC, 11D, 11 Légère, 11BL, 11 Normale, Light 15 & Big 15.
- We can also now offer a 165SR400 Michelin X Whitewall tyre for the Traction Avant.
- Longstone suggests the 185 R 400 Michelin X for a Citroen Traction Avant 15/6 & Big 6.
- The later hydraulic 6 cylinder cars fitted 185 R 400 Michelin X on the front and 165 SR 400 Michelin X on the rear.
- The 150/160x40 Michelin SCSS and the 185 R 400 Michelin X are best suited to a Michelin 16F inner tube.
Citroen Traction Avant Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Citroen Traction Avant Tyres
Cross Ply Citroen Traction Avant Tyres
1938 saw the biggest change to the Traction Avant family with the introduction of the 15 Six or Big 15. This car came with a 2.8 litre 6 cylinder engine which necessitated a longer bonnet with cooling grilles fitted. This year also saw the fitment of the Michelin Pilote wheels with 165 SR 400 Michelin X tyres. This entailed widening the wheel arches by 5cm.
Radial Traction Avant Tyres
From about 1949 Citroen offered the new Michelin X tyres in the size 165 SR 400, and 185 R 400 for the big 15 from 1953.
During its lifetime the Citroen Traction Avant was available as a 4 door saloon, faux cabriolet, roadster, commerciale (with possibly the first production hatchback), coupe and familiale (with 8 seats!). The high development costs of the Citroen Traction Avant (Light 15) were directly responsible for the death of André Citroën and its consequent takeover by Michelin who owned Citroën until 1974. The iconic Citroen Traction Avant (Light 15) which wowed the world with its tenacious handling, magnificent comfort and advanced styling (so good even W.O.Bentley owned one!) ceased production in 1957.