Alvis TA14 Tickford DHC
Alvis TA14 tyres
- Longstone Classic Tyres recommend the 6.00-16 PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA Collezione tyre as the best Alvis TA14 tyre, as it is a great handling crossply tyre.
- For a radial alternative the 185 SR 16 Michelin X is an excellent choice, as they are a genuine period radial tyre first introduced in 1949.
- The fitment of a radial tyre will improve directional stability and be more sure-footed on the road. This will reduce the wandering effect, which is needed on today's modern faster roads that cruise at higher speeds than in period.
- Fitting the 185 SR 16 Michelin X, a genuine period radial of the correct diameter, will do all of the above, and also keep the steering lighter than other radial tyres of this size, at an excellent price, making it an easy choice when buying new boots for your classic Alvis.
- Longstone tyres are also now in the position to offer the excellent 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 in this size. It was the sports car tyre of choice and still is today.
- Longstone also stocks the original cross plies for your classic Alvis TA14.
- The TA14 debuted in an era when wheels were tube-type and required an innertube. The ideal Alvis TA14 innertube for the aforementioned tyres is the Michelin 16F. Many radial tyres are tubeless, however, if your wheels are tube-type you will still need innertubes.
Alvis TA14 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Alvis TA14 Tyres