Austin Clifton 12-4
Austin 12-4 Tyres
Austin 12-4 Tyres Explained
Throughout the mid to late 20's the Austin 12/4 fitted a 475x21 tyre. The majority of vintage tyres near this size are now called 440/450X21 because this was a very popular Ford Model A tyre and late Ford Model T, as a result there is plenty of choice and some good value vintage Austin tyres in this size.
Longstone vintage tyres presently would suggest that the Lucas tyre has a similarly good quality to the other vintage tyres in this size, but the price is extremely good and they have a very vintage appearance, making the Lucas the best option for those on a budget.
Recommended Austin 12/4 21" tyres
- We would recommend the 4.40/4.50 x 21 Lucas as the best tyre in this size and it is extremely good value.
- Depending on your style of wheel, you will require either the Long Central Valve 440-550x20/21 innertube, or the Michelin 20/21CD Offset Valve innertube.
Recommended Austin 12/4 20" tyres
- Austin heavy 12's fitted 475/500x20 tyres. In this size the 4.50/4.75/5.00x20 Ensign B5 is the best structured handling Austin tyre you can get because it gives slightly lighter steering and a more period look.
- The preferred innertube for the 475/500 tyres is the Michelin 20/21CD innertube.
- We would recommend the 4.75/5.00 x 20 Firestone as the best tyre in this size for an Austin 12/4, with a set of the Michelin 20/21CD innertubes.
Recommended Austin 12/4 19" tyres
- We would recommend the 4.75/5.00 x 19 Michelin D.R. as the best tyre in this size for an Austin 12/4. However the Lucas tyre is extremely good value for its quality.
- These tyres are best fit with either Michelin 18/19CD RET Offset Valve inner tube, or a Long Central Valve 475-550X19/20 innertube.
- For more information on innertubes, see our innertube guide.
Austin 12-4 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Austin 12-4 Tyres