Ford Anglia Tenerife
Ford Anglia Tyres
- Our period fitment guides suggest that in 1953 - 1954 some Anglias were released on 500/525 - 16 Tyres; in this size we suggest a set of 5.00/5.25 x 16 Avon Tourist fitted with Michelin 16E innertubes.
- In 1952, the Ford Anglia changed to 13" wheels and then fitted 520 - 13 Crossply tyres, the only tyre available in this size is the 5.20 x 13 Camac.
- Recommended tyre pressure for a Ford Anglia fitted with 520 - 13 cross ply tyres 24psi front & rear.
- The recommended tyre for the Ford Anglia is the 145HR13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67, these tyres are better suited to modern roads.
- Ford Anglia Tyre pressure recommendation when fitted with 145R13 radial tyres is 24psi front & 28psi rear.
Ford Anglia Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ford Anglia Tyres
Ford Anglia Tyres
Although the Ford Anglia originally fitted 520 x 13 crossply tyres and arguably they will give a softer more comfortable ride, predominantly people tend to want to drive on a radial tyre, because of the improved directional stability suited to our modern roads. However importantly if you use a period radial tyre, then you won't suffer some of the disadvantages that you would get by fitting a more modern radial tyre, such as heavy steering and tracking on uneven road surfaces, so a 145R13 is the best tyre for a Ford Anglia.
Today PIRELLI make a 145 R 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 which is just perfect for these charismatic little cars. The handling will be complemented by the progressive handling of the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67, which is a period tyre with a carcass that is developed to suit the suspension and steering of cars from this period, opposed to just being a tyre of the right size. They are produced using modern quality control systems to ensure that these tyres are of the highest quality and use up to date modern compounds so that that little footprint that is presented to the road by a period carcass will give the best possible grip, these advantages will be especially noticeable by their performance in the wet.
History of the Ford Anglia
Ford UK created and produced the Ford Anglia, a compact family vehicle. It is related to the Ford Prefect and, later, the Ford Popular. Between 1939 and 1967, the Anglia moniker was given to a variety of models. There were 1,594,486 Anglias made in total before it was superseded by The Ford Escort.