225/65 - 15
- 225/65 - 15 can also be described as: 225/65 R 15, 225/65 x 15.
- Jaguar fitted 225/65 WR 15 Pirelli P5 tyres to some of the Jaguar XJ40 and Daimler XJ40 cars.
- Because a 225/65-16 tyre is too low profile (below 70%) it should not be fitted with an inner tube.
- 225/65-15 tyres should bot be fitted to wire wheels.
- Avon make the 225/65 VR 15 CR6ZZ which is part of the excellent range of Avon CR6ZZ classic race tyres.
Classic 225/65-15 Tyres
225/65 - 15 FAQ
The 225/65-15 Pirelli P5 was original equipment on the Jaguar XJ40. (some XJ40 had TRX 390mm wheels and need to fit 220/65R390 Avon tyres). However for some cars such as AC Cobra, they might want the road race tyre 225/65VR15 Avon CR6ZZ, because it can be matched with other sizes from the CR6ZZ range.
When you are fitting tyres to cars such as a Jaguar XJ40, you shouldn’t choose tyres on price. The Pirelli P5 is a great tyre and a great value bargain.