Classic Audi Tyres
Select your Audi from the drop-down menu below to view its tyre recommendation page:
01302 711 123
In 1899, August Horch established his first car business, August Horch & Cie, in Cologne. Shortly after that, in 1909, he founded a new automotive firm in Zwickau, which has been in operation since 1910 under the name Audiwerke AG, Zwickau. This was the beginning of the contemporary company's name. Four interlocking rings symbolised the merging of four Saxony-based vehicle manufacturers: Audi, DKW, Horch, and Wanderer, which created Auto Union AG.
Auto Union AG's premises were located in the zone held by Soviet troops after the war ended in 1945, who expropriated its assets, demolished the facility, and had the firm removed from the Commercial Register of the city of Chemnitz in 1948. In 1949/1950, the Auto Union GmbH was established in Ingolstadt. In 1971, a new advertising slogan was created to highlight the company's capabilities, focusing on the NSU Ro 80, a vehicle that advanced for the day: "Vorsprung Durch Technik" translates to 'Advancement through Technology'.