BMW 2002 Tyres
- The BMW 2002, BMW 2002 Cabriolet, BMW 2002 Saloon, BMW 2002ti Saloon, BMW 2002tii and BMW 2002 Turbo would all be best suited to a set of 165 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- BMW 2002 ti, 2002 tii, and 2002 Turbo models fitted 185/70 R13 tyres. In period Alpina fitted 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36, we would recommend these as the perfect low profile tyre for a 2002ti.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13E inner tube.
- We would suggest running all BMW 2002 cars at 30psi at the front and rear.
BMW 2002 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for BMW 2002 Tyres
History of the BMW 2002
Helmut Werner Bönsch, BMW's head of product planning, and Alex von Falkenhausen, the engineer behind the M10 engine, both had a 2-litre engine put in a 1602 for their own use. When they realised they'd both made the identical change to their vehicles separately, they drafted a combined proposal to BMW's board of directors to produce a two-litre version of the 1602.
Simultaneously, American importer Max Hoffman asked BMW for a sporty version of the 1602 series that could be offered in the US. The 2002 was thus formed, with several successful versions following in the 2002ti and tii. Hans Stuck won the Nurburgring 24-hour race in 1970 while driving a 2002ti, and other 2002ti's were also winning hill climbs and rallies at the time, amounting to a successful racing career.