Alfa Romeo Giulia Tyres
Classic Alfa Romeo Guilia
- We recommend the 155 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 vintage tyre, as both the original fitment, and the best tyre for the Alfa Romeo Giulia.
- For a Giulia produced after 1969 the 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is the original and best tyre.
- If you desire a wider tyre on your Guilia, the 185/70VR14 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 is the only genuine period tyre in this size.
- If you need an inner tube for these tyres we would suggest the Michelin 15E Inner Tube as the best fit.
- If you're unsure about inner tubing for your Guilia, our Inner Tube Guide will provide more information.
Alfa Romeo Giulia Tyres Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Alfa Romeo Giulia Tyres
Giulia Classic Tyres
Alfa Romeo Giulia PIRELLI CINTURATO ™
The Alfa Romeo Giulia when leaving the factory originally fitted PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ 155HR15 CA67 until around 1969 when it changed size to the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ 165HR14 CA67. The PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ is still an excellent choice of tyre for the Alfa Romeo Giulia as it provides improved handling & less wandering on the road without making the steering too heavy, all whilst retaining the period look of the car. Today people often want to fit wider tyres to their Giulia. It is worth pointing out that if Alfa Romeo had thought that these cars would have handled better with a wider lower profile tyre they would have fitted them, and lets not consider for one moment that Alfa did not test new low profile tyre that became available in 1968, which is the same time they chose to fit the cars with a 165R14.
However if you really do want to put a wider tyre on your car, by far the best is the 185/70VR14 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36. This is currently the only genuine period tyre in the size, and also the only road tyre in this size that is built to suit cars of this era.
Longstone Tyres can also supply Borrani wheels or even rebuild those you may already have to further enhance the appearance of your Alfa Romeo.
History of the Alfa Romeo Giulia
The Alfa Romeo Giulia 1600 Saloon, Sprint and Spider were all launched in 1962 at the Autodrome in Monza. All of the varieties on offer were high performance cars, however the 1600 Saloon was obscure, with its cut-off tail styling. The mechanics and bodywork were very advanced for the time, sporting such technologies as a live back axle. Even more so, the 1750cc engine (from the Giulietta offered tremendous power for the time. It was designed for long motorway journeys at high speed, but also to be peppy enough for city driving. The most famous sporting versions of the Alfa Romeo Giulia were the GTA and the TZ. The GTA was designed to take part in the Touring category, hence it was equipped with aluminium doors and bonnet.
Alfa Romeo Giulia Borrani Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Alfa Romeo Giulia, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Alfa Romeo Giulia Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com.
Borrani Wheels for a Alfa Romeo Giulia
Alfa Romeo Giulia wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres. Alfa Romeo wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge