Bentley MK6 Tyres
- Original equipment tyres for an Bentley Mk 6 and MkIV were 670 H 16 Dunlop RS5, which is sadley no longer made.
- Our current recommendation for an Mk 6 and MkIV Bentley is 670 R 16 Avon Turbosteel.
- A sporting radial alternative for an Bentley Mk 6 and MkIV would be 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67.
- The ideal inner tube for these tyres is the Michelin 16F Offset Valve Reinforced inner tube.
- A Bentley Mk 6 and MkIV fitting a radial tyre needs a tyre pressure of at least 36 psi front and rear.
Bentley MKVI Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Bentley MKVI Tyres
MKVI Bentley tyres
Originally the MK6 Bentley fitted 650/670X16 India tyres, which have not been made for some considerable time. The later R-Type Bentley fitted 670H16 Dunlop RS5, so it was easy to recommend them as the best cross ply tyre; but sadly they are also no longer made. Sadly Dunlop no longer make historic road tyres. The RS5 was the only H rated cross ply tyre in the size, and in our minds the other alternatives were not comparatively cheap enough to warrant jeopardizing the handling and the integrity of the car to fit another tyre. Sadly currently we cannot think of a crossply tyre we would encourage anyone to fit on a MK6 Bentley.
Currently Avon make a 670 VR 16 Turbosteel which is the closest in dimensions while at the same time being a good well-structured tyre which will help the car handle well.
In period had you wanted to fit a radial tyre to your Bentley MKVI, the 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 was the best option, as it still is today for the sporting driver. It is a little smaller in diameter, but will give the best handling on windy roads while looking fantastic as an evocative sports car tyre of the 1950's & 60's.