Bentley MK6 Tyres
- Original equipment tyres for an Bentley Mk 6 and MkIV were 670 H 16 Dunlop RS5, which is sadly no longer made.
- Our current recommendation for an Mk 6 and MkIV Bentley is 670 R 16 Avon Turbosteel.
- A sporting radial alternative for an Bentley Mk 6 and MkIV would be 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67.
- The ideal innertube for these tyres is the Michelin 16F.
- A Bentley Mk 6 and MkIV fitting a radial tyre needs a tyre pressure of at least 36 psi front and rear.
1948 Bentley Mark 6
Bentley MKVI Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Bentley MKVI Tyres
MKVI Bentley tyres
Originally the MK6 Bentley fitted 650/670X16 India tyres, which have not been made for some considerable time. The later R-Type Bentley fitted 670H16 Dunlop RS5, so it was easy to recommend them as the best cross-ply tyre, but they are also no longer made, sadly Dunlop no longer makes historic road tyres. The RS5 was the only H rated cross-ply tyre in the size, and in our minds, the other alternatives were not comparatively cheap enough to warrant jeopardizing the handling and the integrity of the car to fit another tyre. We, unfortunately, cannot think of a crossply tyre we would encourage anyone to fit on a MK6 Bentley.
Currently Avon make a 670 VR 16 Turbosteel which is the closest in dimensions while at the same time being a good well-structured tyre that will help the car handle well.
In period had you wanted to fit a radial tyre to your Bentley MKVI, the 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 was the best option, as it still is today for the sporting driver. It is a little smaller in diameter but will give the best handling on windy roads while looking fantastic as an evocative sports car tyre of the 1950s and 1960's.
History of the Bentley MK6
The Bentley Mark VI was manufactured by Bentley from 1946 until 1952. Bentley's first post-war luxury automobile was the Mark VI 4-door standard steel sports saloon. It was announced in May 1946 and built from 1946 to 1952. It was also Rolls Royce's first car produced with all-steel coachwork as well as the first entire car constructed and completed at their plant. These high-priced vehicles were a true success; yet, their long-term weakness was the inferior steel imposed by the government's post-war regulations.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Bentley MKVI. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Bentley MKVI Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge