Opel Kadett GTE
Opel Kadett Tyres
- The first Opel Kadett series A fitted either 6.00-12 or 590 - 13 tyres. The 5.90 x 13 Camac is the best available tyre in this size.
- The ideal inner tube for this is the Michelin 13CG inner tube.
- For the Kadett A from 1962 to 1965 we suggest fitting a set of 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF.
- From 1965 to 1973 the Kadett B fitted either 6.00-12 crossply tyres or 155R13 radial.
- We suggest fitting 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF on the Kadett B.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- The series C Opel Kadett 1973 to 1979 fitted either 155HR13 Michelin XAS on 5” wide wheels or 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 on 5.5” or 6” wide wheels.
- 175/70VR13 tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E inner tube.
- The Kadett D of the early 1980s, continued to fit 155R13 tyres to the base models, and 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 to the sporting models.
- The later Kadett D 1.3, 1.6SR and 1.8i GT/E fitted 185/60R14. Michelin make a
Opel Kadett GTE Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Opel Kadett GTE Tyres
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is common place to come across a tyre test. However in the world of classic tyres the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relationship to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.
The first Kadett Opels fitted 12” or 13” crossply tyres, which then changed to 155R13 radial tyres, and very soon the more sporting models were fitting 175/70VR13 Pirelli CN36 Cinturato. The later Kadett moved onto 14” wheels and 185/60R14 tyres.