Opel Kadett GTE
Opel Kadett Tyres
- The first Opel Kadett series A fitted either 6.00-12 or 590 - 13 tyres. The 5.90 x 13 Camac is the best available tyre in this size.
- The ideal inner tube for this is the Michelin 13CG inner tube.
- For the Kadett A from 1962 to 1965 we suggest fitting a set of 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF.
- From 1965 to 1973 the Kadett B fitted either 6.00-12 crossply tyres or 155R13 radial.
- We suggest fitting 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF on the Kadett B.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- The series C Opel Kadett 1973 to 1979 fitted either 155HR13 Michelin XAS on 5” wide wheels or 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 on 5.5” or 6” wide wheels.
- 175/70VR13 tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E inner tube.
- The Kadett D of the early 1980s, continued to fit 155R13 tyres to the base models, and 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 to the sporting models.
- The later Kadett D 1.3, 1.6SR and 1.8i GT/E fitted 185/60R14. Michelin make a 185/60 VR 14 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2, which is perfect for the later Kadette.
Opel Kadett GTE
Opel Kadett GTE Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Opel Kadett GTE Tyres
History of the Opel Kadett
The Opel Kadett is a compact family car manufactured by the German automaker Opel from 1936 through 1940, and then again from 1962 to 1991. The first Opel automobile with the Kadett brand was shown to the public in December 1936 by Opel's Commercial-Technical Director, Heinrich Nordhoff, who would later become noted for his leadership role in the development of the Volkswagen corporation. The new Kadett, like the pioneering Opel Olympia, used a chassis-less unibody structure, implying that the Opel Kadett, like the Vauxhall 10 launched in 1937 by Opel's English sister-company, was meant for high volume low-cost manufacture.
The first Kadett Opels fitted 12” or 13” crossply tyres, which then changed to 155R13 radial tyres, and very soon the more sporting models were fitting 175/70VR13 Pirelli CN36 Cinturato. The later Kadett moved onto 14” wheels and 185/60R14 tyres.