Sunbeam Alpine S4
Sunbeam Alpine Tyres
Here is what Longstone Tyres recommends based on your Sunbeam Alpine tyre needs:
- 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF for a Sunbeam Alpine Series I & II.
- 165 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF for a Sunbeam Alpine S II (Post-1962), Alpine III, Alpine IV & V.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- The 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 would be our choice for a low profile alternative to a 155 R13 tyre.
- These tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E inner tube.
- A Sunbeam Harrington Alpine fits a 165 R15 tyre, and we believe that a set of 165 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 tyres would be the best option.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15E inner tube.
Sunbeam Alpine Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Sunbeam Alpine Tyres
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. However, in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.
History of the Sunbeam Alpine
Built between 1953 and 1975, the Sunbeam Alpine was a sporty open two-seater with a fastback version, as well as later models serving as the foundation for a muscle-car derivative known as the Sunbeam Tiger. It was the first car to bear solely the Sunbeam name since Sunbeam-Talbot was acquired by Rootes Group. Thomas Harrington Ltd. would also build a number of coupe variants that would go on to win at Le Mans.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Sunbeam Alpine. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com
Click the link for Sunbeam Alpine Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge