165/80 - 15
- The classic tyre size 165 – 15 is a radial alternative to the size 5.90-15 and 5.60-15 cross ply tyres.
- Inner tube for 165 - 15: Michelin 15E Offset Valve Tube
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 165 - 15: Rim Tape 13" - 17"
- 165 - 15 can also be described as: 165/80 R 15, 165 x 15, 165/80 - 15 or 165 R 15
- We would suggest the 165 HR 15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 for early Classic sports cars.
- The Pirelli Cinturato 165VR15 CN36 is perfect for Porsche and sports cars post 1968.
- Michelin's 165SR15 XZX is great for the VW Beetle. Michelin also now make the XZX 165R15 White Wall tyres.
- Low profile alternative for 165/80 - 15: 185/70 - 15.
- We would suggest a low profile alternative for a classic car that originally fitted 165-15 would be a 185/70VR15 Pirelli CN36, because it has a tyre carcass suited to early sports cars.
165-15 White Wall Tyres
Classic 165-15 Tyres
Alternatives to 165-15 Tyres
165-15 Inner Tubes
A: The 165SR15 Michelin XZX is a great tyre to fit to a VW Beetle. Beetle generally fitted 5.60 – 15 as a standard crossply, so a 155TR15 Michelin X is also an excellent option for a VW Beetle.
A: The TR6, and for that matter, the TR4, TR5 and TR3A is the 165 – 15 Pirelli Cinturato. The 165HR15 Michelin XAS is also brilliant. Many owners of these cars like a wider car in which case the 185/70R15 Pirelli Cinturato CN36, is best. They do however handle better with a 165-15. As the TR2 and TR3 are better suited to a 155HR15 Pirelli Cinturato
A: Michelin now make an excellent range of classic white wall tyres, which includes the 165-15 Michelin XZX white wall tyre.