Triumph TR8 Tyres
1980 Triumph TR8
Triumph TR8 1978-1981
- When Triumph put a V8 engine in their TR7 they fitted 185/70-13 Tyres.
- The TR8 fitted either 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 or a Dunlop alternative that is no longer made.
- The 185/70 R 13 Michelin XDX would be another great option for the TR8.
- Our period fitment guides suggest that the TR8 fitted tubeless wheels from the start of production. Innertubes are optional for these wheels, providing that the rims are in good condition.
- The correct tube for these tyres is the Michelin 13E innertube.
- Triumph TR8 suggested tyre pressures - 28psi front and rear.
Triumph TR8 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Triumph TR8 Tyres
History of the Triumph TR8
Built between 1978-1981, the Triumph TR8 is an eight-cylinder version of the TR7 that is extremely rare to find outside of the US/Canada with an estimated 2750 produced. Sadly the TR8 would be finished before it could get going, plagued by the same production problems as the TR7 with closing and shifting factories throughout its life. Despite these problems, the car is oft-praised for its performance and dominated in the SCCA motorsport of the time.