165 R14 Tyres
Alfa Romeo 1750 on 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 Tyres
- 165 R14 is the radial alternative to 590 - 14 or 560 - 14.
- Low-profile alternative for 165 R14: 185/70 R14
- Inner tube for 165 R14: Michelin 14D Offset Valve Tube.
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 165 R14: Rim Tape"13"–17"
- 165 R14 can also be described as: 165/80 R 14, 165 x 14, 165/80 - 14 or 165 R 14
- 165 R14 tyres were fitted by the MGB and Classic Alfa Romeo cars from the end of the 1960s right through the 1980s.
- We would suggest the best 165 R14 tyre for a classic car is the 165 HR 14 Michelin XAS or the 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- A low-profile alternative to a 165 R14 would be a 185/70-14. Of which we would suggest the 185/70VR14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- Many people fit 185/70 R14 to little rear-wheel-drive classic Sports cars like a MGB or an Alfa 1750 or 2000 Spider in search of grip.
- It is worth noting that this extra straight line grip comes at the expense of progressive handling, which is why Alfa and MG did not fit them in period.
Classic 165 R14 Tyres
Alternatives to 165 R14 Tyres
165 R14 Inner Tubes
A: The MGB GT fitted 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67. We would suggest this is still the best tyre.
A: The best tyre for 1970s and 1980s rear-wheel-drive Alfa Romeo cars such as the Spider, Giulia, and GT is the 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 or 165R14 Michelin XAS.
A: Yes, however, when they first developed radial tyres, there was no need to mention the profile, such as 165/80-14, because there was no choice.