600 - 16
- Offset inner tube for 600 - 16: Michelin 16F Offset Valve tube
- Reinforced offset tube for 600-16: Michelin 16F Offset Valve Reinforced Tube
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 600 - 16: Rim Tape for Wire Wheel 13" - 17"
- 600 - 16 can also be described as: 600 x 16, 600H16, 600V16, 6.00-16 or 6.00X16
- Sadly the 6.00H16 Dunlop RS5 that was OE on Jaguar XK150 is no longer made.
- We would suggest that the 1950s 185VR16 Pirelli Cinturato is the best radial alternative to 600X16 crossply tyres.
- Michelin also make the 185SR16 X as another genuine period radial alternative.
- We suggest that the best crossply 6.00-16 tyre is the Pirelli 6.00 V16 Pirelli Stella Blanca.
- The NDT is the tread patter for a Jeep which also fitted the 6.00X16 classic tyre size.
600 - 16 Classic Tyres
Alternatives to 600 - 16 Tyres
600 - 16 Inner Tubes
6.00 – 16 Tyres
What are the best 6.00-16 crossply tyres?
The Pirelli 6.00V16 Stella Bianca is the tyre we would recommend as the best crossply 600X16. Dunlop did make the 6.00H16 RS5 which only was capable of an H speed rating. Avon also make the 600H16 that was occasionally fitted to some DB Aston Martin. However we would suggest that the 600V16 Stella Bianca from Pirelli was OE on all sorts of 1950s Ferrari and Maserati. It is the highest specification tyres and from the testing done with this tyre it handles beautiful on classic Sports cars.
What are 6.00 X 16 NDT tyres?
The famous Willys jeep of the US forces fitted the 600 X 16 NDT bar grip tyres with the solid bars across the tread pattern making them excellent in off road conditions and make the famous droning noise when driving a Jeep with NDT tyres on tarmac.
What are the cheapest 600-16 tyres?
What is the radial alternative to 600-16 tyres?
At Longstone Tyres we would suggest the best radial alternative to 600-16 is the 185VR16 Pirelli Cinturato CA67. It is a fantastic period tread pattern on a tyre carcass built for classic sportscars. It was the best tyre in its day and still is today. The 185SR16 Michelin X is the best value radial alternative to 6.00-16 as one of the cheapest tyres in the size it handles beautifully and looks period correct, because it is. Worth noting that now there is a tyre of the quality of the 600V16 Pirelli Stella Bianca the necessity to fit radial is less great.
What were the original 6.00H16 tyres on a Aston Martin DB4?
Although some Aston Martin DB4 did fit 600H16 Avon Turbo Speed & some fitted 6.00 H16 Dunlop RS5. In the day the 6.00V16 Pirelli Stella Bianca was being fitted by Ferrari and Maserati, and today it is what we would recommend as the best tyre. A DB4 should also really be fitted with a V rated tyre.
Back in the late 1950s or early 1960s when you were buying you DB4 from David Browns Aston Martin you would have the option to specify up grades. 2 of the best up grades were fitting 185Vr16 Pirelli Cinturato radial tyres and Borrani wheels as were fitted to the DB4 GT Zagato.
What are the best 600X16 tyres for a Jaguar XK120?
The best 600-16 tyres are the 600V16 Pirelli Stella Bianca and we would strongly recommend these as the best crossply tyres for an XK120, XK140 or XK150. Often these day people like to fit a radial tyre to make their classic sports car more suited to today’s roads, under which circumstances we would suggest the 185VR16 Pirelli Cinturato is absolutely perfect for an XK 120 Jaguar or any other sports car from the 1940s or 1950s fitting 600-16 crossply tyres as standard.