Renault Caravelle Tyres
- We would suggest fitting a 135 SR 15 Michelin ZX to the Renault Caravelle.
- These tyres are best fit with a set of Michelin 15CB Offset Valve inner tubes.
- For Caravelle tyre pressures we would suggest 18psi front and 26psi rear.
- Some people may choose to fit a larger tyre, for those people we suggest the 145 SR 15 Michelin XZX , however larger tyres can impair handling, so consider this before you fit larger tyres.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15E inner tube.
Renault Caravelle Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Renault Caravelle Tyres
History of the Renault Caravelle
Built between 1958-1968, the Caravelle was Renault's attempt to create a coupe/cabriolet based on the Renault Dauphine that could compete with the popularity of the Volkswagen Beetle in North America. Conceived at a Renault Convention in Florida, the car throughout development was known as the "Floride". However, it was felt that the other US states would be alienated by this name so in English language speaking countries (the US, Canada & UK) it was marketed as the Caravelle until in 1962 where it would be marketed as the Caravelle in all countries.