Audi Quattro Sport Coupe 1985
Audi Quattro Tyres
- The first few Audi Quattro cars came fitted with 205/60 R15 tyre. In this size we suggest the 205/60 WR 15 Michelin Pilot Primacy 3.
- In 1984 the Audi Quattro fitted 215/50R15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ P7, which is sadly no longer in production.
- In 1990 they moved with the times and changed to the new 215/50 ZR 15 PIRELLI P700-Z.
- Longstone tyres recommended tyre is the 215/50 ZR 15 PIRELLI P700-Z, this is backed up by Audi’s AO homologation.
- Suggested tyre pressures for the UR Audi Quattro is 30psi front and rear.
- The Audi UR Quattro Short Sport fitted the 235/45 ZR 15 PIRELLI P700-Z.
Audi Quattro 1993 Pirelli Fitment Guide
Audi Quattro Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Audi Quattro Tyres
Audi UR Quattro Tyres
- For some years now, it has not been possible to get a correct tyre for your Audi UR Quattro; however, good old Pirelli have stepped up to the mark in re-producing the original 215/50ZR15 PIRELLI P700-Z . Audi themselves have been involved in the production and the tyre has been awarded AO Audi Homologation.
- A small production of the 235/45ZR15 PIRELLI P700-Z has also been produced for the ultra-rare Short Sport Quattro.
Audi UR Quattro History
The Audi Quattro was the first rally car to take advantage of the then newly revised rules, allowing the use of four-wheel drive in competition racing, subsequently it won rally competitions 2 years in a row. To honour the inaugural vehicle's success, all future Audi production vehicles equipped with this four-wheel-drive technology were stamped with the trademark quattro with a lower case 'q'.
Jörg Bensinger, Audi's chassis engineer, suggested the concept of a high-performance four-wheel-drive automobile in 1977 after seeing that his Volkswagen Iltis military vehicle outperformed other cars when tested in the snow. The first Quattro was presented to European consumers in late 1980, sporting Audi's quattro four-wheel drive technology, being the first to marry the front-engine, four-wheel-drive configuration with a turbocharged engine.