Ferrari 250 Europa Tyres
Ferrari 250 Europa
250 Europa 1953–1954
- The original 1953 Ferrari 250 Europa with Lampredi design fitted 4.5"x15" Borrani wheels RW2841.
- We would suggest fitting a set of 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 on the early pre July 1954 250 Europa with 15” wheels.
- For this tyre the Michelin 15F innertube is the right size.
- The Ferrari 250 GT Europa (Columbo design) originally fitted the 6.00-16 PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA.
- Later they would fit 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- The ideal innertube for these tyres is the Michelin 16F innertube.
- The Ferrari 250 Europa GT fitted Borrani RW 3077 5”X16 wheels.
- The suggested 250 GT Europa tyre pressures are 28psi crossply if you're on crossply tyres and 31psi if you're on radial.
1955 Ferrari 250 GT Europa
250 GT Europa 1954–1956
Ferraris of this era fitted tube-type wire wheels that require innertubes.
Ferrari 250 Europa Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 250 Europa Tyres
History of the 250 Europa
The 250 Europa, which debuted at the 1953 Paris Motor Show, was the only member of the family to utilize a different engine, a 2963 cc Lampredi V12 based on a Formula One 3.3 L engine design. It had a square engine with a bore and stroke of 68 mm (2.7 in), produced 200 PS 197 horsepower at 6,300 rpm, three Weber 36DCF (or DCZ) carburettors, and was connected to a 4-speed gearbox. It was intended as a grand tourer, with its large 2.8m wheelbase and Ferrari 375 America-style bodywork. Customers may choose from three different rear axle ratios, with reported top speeds ranging from 112 to 135 mph depending on the ratio.
Apart from the engine, the 250 Europa and 375 America had the same chassis, wheelbase, and mechanicals. Giovanni Michelotti designed the bodywork, which was built by Pinin Farina and Vignale. The styling was inspired by the 375 America and 340 Mexico coupes. There were 22 produced, including 17 Pinin Farina coupes, 4 Vignale coupes, 1 Pinin Farina Cabriolet, and 1 Vignale cabriolet. The Ferrari factory eventually modified two of them to 375 America standards (chassis 0315AL and 0353EU).
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Ferrari 250 Europa. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ferrari 250 Europa Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge