Ferrari 340 Tyres
Ferrari 340 America at the 1952 Mille Miglia
Ferrari 340 America Tyres
- For Ferrari 340 tyres; a set of 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is recommended by Longstone Tyres as the best and closest to original road tyres you could find.
- If you desire tubes ideal innertube for these tyres is the Michelin 16F Reinforced innertube.
- However if your 340 has been changed to fit 15" Borrani wheels (see below) then either a set of 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67, or the 205 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN72 will work.
- For 185 R15 tyres we suggest the Michelin 15F innertube.
- The Michelin 15/17H will be the best fitting innertube for 205 R15 tyres.
- To corroborate this the image below shows the original Ferrari manual for cars such as the 212, 250, 340 & 342, which states that the Ferrari 340 would fit PIRELLI tyres in the size 6.00x16 on the Front and 7.50 - 16 on the Rear.
- Sadly the size 7.50 - 16 hasn't been remanufactured, so we suggest the 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ for both front and rear.
- If your Ferrari 340 finds its way onto a race track, then a Dunlop Racing tyre will be worth fitting.
Ferrari 340 Farina Parenti
Ferrari 340 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 340 Tyres
History of the Ferrari 340
Ferrari 340 MM on PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA Tyres
The 340 was the first 'America' car, produced between 1950 and 1952. With the newest Lampredi V12 engine developed for Formula One racing, the 340 America would produce more than 197 horsepower. Only 23 were made: 11 by Vignale, eight by Touring, and four by Ghia. Giovanni Michelotti designed the Ghia Coupé, 2+2 Coupé, Vignale Coupé, and Spider. The 340 America was followed by the 375 America, which had an even larger engine.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Ferrari 340. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ferrari 340 Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge