Toyota MR2 Tyres
- The 1.6 & 1.6 T-bar MR2s fitted 185/60 - 14. The original tyres that were fitted to these cars were Goodyear Eagles for the UK, and Continental Supers or Yokohama 352s in the States, however, these tyres are no longer available in the size 185/60 - 14. We recommend the 185/60 R 14 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2. This is a fantastic youngtimer tyre in a popular size from its day with fantastic grip when cornering, in wet or dry conditions thanks to its competition-based compound and asymmetrical tread pattern.
- Tyres with a profile below 70% (e.g 185/60 R 14 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2) should not fit innertubes.
- The 2.0 GT and its T Bar variation initially fitted a 195/60 - 14 in the front and 205/60 - 14 in the rear. unfortunately, no classic tyre manufacturer currently makes a tyre in the size 205/60 - 14. If you need a 195/60 -14 tyre, however, the 195/60 VR 14 Michelin MXV3-A is a brilliant period-correct tyre that offers both brilliant performance and safety with great longevity as a bonus.
- In 1993, the MR2 moved to 15" wheels and fitted 195/55-15 Tyres on the front and 225/50-15 Tyres on the rear.
- The MR2s from 1998-2002 fitted 185/55 - 15 on the front and 205/50 - 15 on the rear.
- The MR2s from 2003 onwards moved to 16" wheels on the rear, fitting 215/45 R 16 tyres. No classic tyre manufacturers currently make a tyre in this size.
- Unfortunately at the moment we do not have a matching tread pattern for these sizes due to both sizes not being popular classic car sizes as they are rather modern. However the 185/55 R 15 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2, 195/55 VR 15 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2, 205/50 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 and the 225/50 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 are all period correct tyres that perform brilliantly, with great grip in all conditions.
- If you are looking for tyre pressures for your classic MR2, check our tyre pressure information below.
Toyota MR2 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Toyota MR2 Tyres