Vauxhall Wyvern Brochure General Motors Holden S LTD 1949
Vauxhall Wyvern Tyres
Here is what Longstone Tyres recommends based on your Vauxhall Wyvern tyre needs:
- We recommend fitting a set of 5.00/5.25 x 16 Avon Tourist for a Vauxhall Wyvern (1949-1951).
- The ideal inner tube for this is the Michelin 16E inner tube.
- Longstone recommends fitting the 165 SR 15 Michelin XZX for a Vauxhall Wyvern (1950-1957) though this car originally fitted a 560x15 crossply tyre.
- If you would prefer a crossply then the 5.60 x 15 Firestone is a good option.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15E inner tube.
Vauxhall Wyvern Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Vauxhall Wyvern Tyres
History of the Vauxhall Wyvern
Built between 1948-1957 the Vauxhall Wyvern was a medium-sized family car that acted as a successor to the Vauxhall Twelve. It is speculated that the name of Wyvern came about from a misidentification of the iconic Griffin on the Vauxhall badge. There would be two series of the Vauxhall Wyvern, with the Wyvern LIX (1948-1951) and the Wyvern EIX (1951-1957).