Ferrari Mondial Tyres
- The first Ferrari Mondial, the Moldial QV, and Mondial 8 fitted 240/55 R 390 Michelin TRX front and rear.
- From 1986 (ish) Ferrari Mondial 3.2 kept the 240/55 R 390 Michelin TRX on the rear and fitted 220/55 WR 390 Michelin TRX on the front for a faster more precise turn in.
- Towards the end of The Ferrari Mondial 3.2 and the Ferrari Mondial T moved onto 205/55R16 and 225/55R16 Goodyear Eagle.
- For later Ferrari Mondial T and Mondial 3.2 on 16” wheels the best we can offer with period tyres is 205/55YR16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 on the front and 225/50 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 on the rear.
- Click this link for more information on Mondial Tyre Pressures.
"I took your advice and used the P7 set-up suggested for the late Mondial 3.2 on my 1989 328 GTS. (same tyre dimensions). Perfect period look, ride, and handling. Thanks Dougal."
Ferrari Mondial Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari Mondial Tyres
Ferrari Mondial FAQ
A: Ferrari Mondial 8 would fit 240/55VR390 Michelin TRX.
A: Ferrari fitted 240/55VR390 Michelin TRX on the QV Mondial.
A: The first Ferrari Mondial 3.2 fitted 240/55VR390 Michelin TRX, then to improve the turn in they fitted 220/55VR390 Michelin TRX to the front around 1986, to improve the speed at which it turned in with a smaller front tyre. Towards the end of the Mondial 3.2 Model to save money and fit a more easily accessible tyre Ferrari fitted 205/55R16 Front and 225/55R16 rear Goodyear Eagle. Currently, the best 16” tyre option for a Ferrari Mondial 3.2 is the 205/55R16 Pirelli P7 and 225/50R16 Pirelli P7.
A: The Mondial T Model fitted a cheaper and more easily accessible tyre. Ferrari fitted 205/55R16 Front and 225/55R16 rear Goodyear Eagle. The Good year Eagle is no longer produced. Currently, the best 16” tyre option for a Ferrari Mondial 3.2 is the 205/55R16 Pirelli P7 and 225/50R16 Pirelli P7. It is the only period set of tyres suitable for the Ferrari Mondial T that we know of.