Ferrari Mondial Tyres
Even the pope fits Michelin TRX tyres on his Mondial!
Ferrari Mondial 1980–1993
- The first Ferrari Mondial, the Mondial QV, and Mondial 8 fitted 240/55 R 390 Michelin TRX front and rear.
- From 1986 (ish) Ferrari Mondial 3.2 kept the 240/55 R 390 Michelin TRX on the rear and fitted 220/55 WR 390 Michelin TRX on the front for a faster more precise turn in.
- Towards the end of The Ferrari Mondial 3.2 and the Ferrari Mondial T moved onto 205/55R16 and 225/55R16 Goodyear Eagle.
- For later Ferrari Mondial T and Mondial 3.2 on 16” wheels the best we can offer with period tyres is 205/55YR16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 on the front and 225/50 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 on the rear.
- Click this link for more information on Mondial Tyre Pressures.
"I took your advice and used the P7 set-up suggested for the late Mondial 3.2 on my 1989 328 GTS. (same tyre dimensions). Perfect period look, ride, and handling. Thanks Dougal."
Ferrari Mondial Tyres Explained
Set of 2 off 220/55 WR 390 & 240/55 R 390 Michelin TRX
Starting at £1,678.80 £1,399.00
Ferrari Mondial Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari Mondial Tyres
Ferrari Mondial FAQ
A: Ferrari Mondial 8 would fit 240/55VR390 Michelin TRX.
A: Ferrari fitted 240/55VR390 Michelin TRX on the QV Mondial.
A: The first Ferrari Mondial 3.2 fitted 240/55VR390 Michelin TRX, then to improve the turn in they fitted 220/55VR390 Michelin TRX to the front around 1986, to improve the speed at which it turned in with a smaller front tyre. Towards the end of the Mondial 3.2 Model to save money and fit a more easily accessible tyre Ferrari fitted 205/55R16 Front and 225/55R16 rear Goodyear Eagle. Currently, the best 16” tyre option for a Ferrari Mondial 3.2 is the 205/55R16 Pirelli P7 and 225/50R16 Pirelli P7.
A: The Mondial T Model fitted a cheaper and more easily accessible tyre. Ferrari fitted 205/55R16 Front and 225/55R16 rear Goodyear Eagle. The Good year Eagle is no longer produced. Currently, the best 16” tyre option for a Ferrari Mondial 3.2 is the 205/55R16 Pirelli P7 and 225/50R16 Pirelli P7. It is the only period set of tyres suitable for the Ferrari Mondial T that we know of.