MG Y Type Tyres
- The MG Y-Type initially came fitted with 5.25 - 16 tyres.
- We would suggest the Avon 5.25-16 Tourist tyre for the innitial MG YA & MG YT.
- Early Y type MG on 16” wheels want Michelin 16E 13 inner tubes.
- MG YA tyre pressure - 24psi front and 26psi rear.
- MG YT tyre pressure - 25psi front and 28psi rear.
MG YB Tyres
- After The MG YA And the Y Series Tourer the MG YT, The later MG YB fitted 15” wheels.
- The MG YB fitted 5.50- 15 or 5.90-15 crossply tyres. For crossply we suggest 5.90H15 Avon TurboSpeed.
- MG YB tyre pressures 24psi front and 26psi rear.
- We would suggest that the best radial alternative for the YB would be 165HR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67.
- For and MG YB on radial tyres we suggest 28psi front and 30psi rear.
- We recommend Michelin 15E 13 inner tubes for the later Y-type MG YB.
MG Y Recommended Tyres
Other Options for MG Y
MG Y Inner Tubes