Rolls Royce Silver Spirit Tyres
1981 Rolls Royce Silver Spirit
Rolls Royce Silver Spirit 1980–1997
- Rolls Royce introduced their new model, the Silver Spirit in October 1980. With its wider body style, The Silver Spirit was lower than the previous Silver Shadow, with redesigned rear suspension to help its handling and make it more responsive.
- Another exceptional improvement that can be made to the handling of a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit, is to fit the asymmetric 235/70x15 Michelin XVS White Wall tyre which offers superb directional stability, direct handling, and the whitewall aesthetic.
- Among other things the asymmetric carcase and tread design of this tyre , which is suited to our modern roads that are predominantly motorways and dual carriageways.
- Avon make a 235/70VR15 Turbosteel White Wall if you feel you would like a tyre with a white band.
- If you desire a black wall tyre in this size we recommend the 235/70 R 15 Avon Turbosteel.
- Although both historical fitting instructions and Rolls Royce say that 15" wheels are tubeless, by contemporary standards, these wheels lack the safety beads that are typical of a 'true' tubeless wheel. We suggest installing innertubes on 15" Silver Spirit wheels.
- The Michelin 15/17H will be the best fitting innertube for these tyres.
- In about 1996-97 Rolls Royce changed the wheel size on the Silver Spirit to 16" and fitted 235/65 VR 16 Avon CR227 Blackwall.
- These 16" wheels were genuine tubeless wheels, so innertubes are not required. Furthermore, tyres with a profile below 70% (e.g 235/65 VR 16 Avon CR227) are not built for innertubes and should not fit them.
Rolls Royce Silver Spirit Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Rolls Royce Silver Spirit Tyres
History of the Rolls Royce Silver Spirit
The Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit is a luxury automobile manufactured by Rolls-Royce Motors in Crewe, England, between 1980 and 1997. The SZ series began with this model. From 1980 until 2000, the Silver Spur was a long-wheelbase variant of the Silver Spirit. It was the first vehicle with a retractable Spirit of Ecstasy that retracted into the radiator shell.
This film is about the tyre options for a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow. However they fit the same tyres as a Silver Spirit so the views on there are relevant and will be a help to you when choosing a tyre.