Jensen Interceptor Tyres
Longstone Tyres can happily provide excellent tyres for the whole Jensen Interceptor range including the 1950-1957 Jensen Interceptor, Jensen Interceptor MK I, Jensen Interceptor MK II, Jensen Interceptor MK III, Jensen FF and Jensen Interceptor R.
- The early Jensen Interceptor (up to 1968) fitted 670X15 Crossply tyres. We recommend instead fitting 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 , this radial tyre will make the Interceptor much better suited to modern high speed roads.
- The Jensen Interceptor from 1970 fitted ER/70 VR 15 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet .
- From 1971 Jensen fitted the 205/70 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 .
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- Some of the later Interceptor Series 3, FF & R models fitted 215/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12.
- The Michelin 15/17H will be the best fitting inner tube for these tyres.
- We recommend the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 for all Jensen Interceptors as it is W rated and made by one of the world best tyre manufacturers, Pirelli.
- Jensen Interceptor tyre pressures for 205/70R15 - 30psi front and 34psi rear. For 215/70R15 tyres - 26psi front and 30psi rear (if high speed or loaded add 6 psi).
Jensen Interceptor Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Jensen Interceptor Tyres
History of the Jensen Interceptor
The original Jensen Interceptor 1950-1957 would have little to do with the later car built under the same name. The second car to be made by Jensen post-war, there were a total of 88 of these Jensen Interceptors built.
From 1966-1976 the new Jensen Interceptor would go through several variations and versions. Hand-built at Kelvin Way Factory in West Bromich, the car used a steel body-shell which was designed by an Italian firm called Carrozzeria Touring, with some of the early Jensen Interceptor bodies being Italian-built by Vignale.