Jensen Interceptor Tyres
Longstone Tyres can happily provide excellent tyres for the whole Jensen Interceptor range including the 1950-1957 Jensen Interceptor, Jensen Interceptor MK I, Jensen Interceptor MK II, Jensen Interceptor MK III, Jensen FF and Jensen Interceptor R.
- The early Jensen Interceptor (up to 1968) fitted 670X15 Crossply tyres. We recommend instead fitting 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67, this radial tyre will make the Interceptor much better suited to modern high speed roads.
- The Jensen Interceptor from 1970 fitted ER/70 VR 15 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet.
- From 1971 Jensen fitted the 205/70 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 .
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- Some of the later Interceptor Series 3, FF & R models fitted 215/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12.
- The Michelin 15/17H will be the best fitting inner tube for these tyres.
- We recommend the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 for all Jensen Interceptors as it is W rated and made by one of the world best tyre manufacturers, Pirelli.
- Jensen Interceptor tyre pressures for 205/70R15 - 30psi front and 34psi rear. For 215/70R15 tyres - 26psi front and 30psi rear (if high speed or loaded add 6 psi).
Jensen Interceptor Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Jensen Interceptor Tyres
History of the Jensen Interceptor
The original Jensen Interceptor 1950-1957 would have little to do with the later car built under the same name. The second car to be made by Jensen post-war, there were a total of 88 of these Jensen Interceptors built. From 1966-1976 the new Jensen Interceptor would go through several variations and versions. Hand-built at Kelvin Way Factory in West Bromich, the car used a steel body shell which was designed by an Italian firm called Carrozzeria Touring, with some of the early Jensen Interceptor bodies being Italian-built by Vignale.