Porsche 928 Tyres
- For early 928 standard cars Longstone recommends the 215/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 or the 225/50 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 up to 1982.
- For the pre 1982 Automatic Porsche 928 we suggest the 215/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- Porsche 928 S of the first half of the ‘80s should fit 225/50 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7.
- Tyre pressure for the early Porsche 928 - 36psi front and 44psi rear.
- 928 S4 Porsche from 1986 fitted the 225/50 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 to the front (36psi) & 245/45 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 for the rear (44psi).
- From 1989 Porsche 928 GT fitted the 225/50 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 to the front (36psi) and 245/45 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 on the rear (44psi).
- The other Porsche 928 tyre option was the Goodyear Eagle GS-C which is no longer manufactured.
- In the early ‘90s with the introduction of the 928 GTS, the 928 models of Porsche moved onto 17” wheels and fitted more generic tyres sizes.
Porsche 928 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Porsche 928 Tyres
Porsche 928 Tyres
- (1978-’79) 928 = 215/60VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CN36 , 225/50VR15 Pirelli P7.
- (1980-82’) 928 = 225/50YR16 Pirelli P7
- (1980-86’) 928 S = 225/50YR16 Pirelli P7
- (1987-91’) 928 S4 = 225/50YR16 Pirelli P7 & 245/45YR16 Pirelli P7
- (1989-90’) 928 GT = 225/50YR16 Pirelli P7 & 245/45YR16 Pirelli P7
Porsche 928 FAQ
A: The first Porsche 928 from 1978 to 1979 fitted either 215/60R15 Pirelli Cinturato CN36 or a more low profile 225/50R15 Pirelli P7. From 1970 through to 1986 Porsche fitted 225/50R16 Pirelli P7 to the 928 and 928S Then in 1987 with the series 4 928 they fitted wider rear wheels with 245/45R16 Pirelli P7 as did the 928GT of 1989 and 1990. Some of the Porsche 928 cars fitted Goodyear Eagle GS-C instead of Pirelli P7. However the GS-C is no longer made, where the Pirelli P7 is still made and has the N homologation from Pirelli.
A: The period fitment guides we have suggest the following tyre pressures for a Porsche 928, 928S and 928GT 36psi front and 44psi rear.