Ford Zephyr & Zodiac
Ford Zephyr and Zodiac Tyres
- Most Ford Zephyr & Zodiac models left the factory on 640 - 13 Tyres. In this size Longstone recommends the 6.40/7.00 SR 13 Michelin ZX.
- For these tyres Longstone recommends the Michelin 13F inner tube.
- You could also fit a Zephyr or Zodiac with 165-14 Tyres.
- In this size we would recommend the 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 or the 165 HR 14 Michelin XAS, both excellent tyres.
- For these tyres Longstone recommends the Michelin 14D inner tube.
Ford Zephyr & Zodiac Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ford Zephyr & Zodiac Tyres
History of the Ford Zephyr & Zodiac
Built from 1950-1972, the Ford Zephyr and its luxury variant the Ford Zodiac were the first cars in mass production the use the MacPherson strut independent front suspension which is widely used today in many modern cars.
The Zephyr Zodiac (or Zodiac Mark I) was an upscale variant of the Zephyr that debuted at the 1953 London Motor Show. It was outfitted with two-tone paintwork, leather trim, a heater, windscreen washers, whitewall tyres, and spotlights. The engine featured a greater compression ratio – 7.5:1 rather than 6.8:1 – which increased maximum output to 71 bhp. An automobile evaluated by The Motor in 1955 had a maximum speed of 80 mph and a 0-60 mph acceleration time of 20.2 seconds. Fuel usage was calculated to be 22.2 miles per imperial gallon. The test vehicle cost £851 including taxes.