Jaguar S Type
S type Jaguar Tyres
- The S Type Jaguar of the 1960s originally fitted 640 H 15 Dunlop RS5 tyres. Sadly however Dunlop no longer make historic road tyres.
- The 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is the perfect radial tyre for an S-type jaguar.
- If you consider your steering to be heavy, the 180 HR 15 Michelin XAS is also superb and offers lighter steering.
- There is a 185 x 15 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet that Dunlop used to make, however we would still recommend the Pirelli or Michelin.
- We also sell the Michelin 15F inner tube, that is the best fitting tube for an S type Jaguar with these tyres.
- Jaguar S Type tyre pressures 30 psi front and rear.
If you are interested in our views on the options of tyres for your S-type, you might find this short film I made about tyres for a MK2 Jag.
Question: What would your recommendation be for a 1968 Jaguar S-type with standard wire wheels?
Answer: I would suggest that the best tyre for an S- type Jaguar would be the 185VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 There is another excellent tyre for these Jaguar saloons such as the S-type which is the Michelin XAS 180 HR 15. This makes the steering nice and light, but from memory I think an S type has power steering.
Jaguar S Type Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Jaguar S Type Tyres