Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Tyres
Ferrari 250 GT Lusso 1963–1964
1963 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Coupe
- Ferrari’s Berlinetta 250 GT Lusso fitted 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO™; CA67 tyres.
- Because the 250 GTL Berlinetta fitted such wide 6.5” Borrani wheels RW 3801, people often want to fit a wider 205/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX.
- Wire wheels must be fitted with innertubes in order to function.
- The Michelin 15F is the ideal innertube for these tyres.
- We would suggest that 29psi front and 33psi rear are reasonable road tyre pressures for the Lusso version of the Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta.
Steve McQueen Entering his 1962 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso
Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Tyres
History of the Ferrari 250 GT Lusso
The GT Lusso or GTL was Pininfarina's upgrade of the 250 GT. The automobile, which debuted at the 1962 Paris Motor Show, had sweeping lines and a fastback shape reminiscent of mid-1960s GT cars. The engine was a Tipo 168 from the 250 GTO with 237 horsepower and three Weber 36DCS carburettors. Scaglietti built the Lusso, which was in service until 1964 with little changes. The 250 GT Lusso was ranked ninth on Sports Car International's list of the Top Sports Cars of the 1960s in 2004. Steve Boone of the Lovin' Spoonful, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, possessed chassis number #4237, which was taken from a maintenance shop in Queens, New York, never to be discovered.
Borrani wheels are still available for your Ferrari 250 GT Lusso. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Ferrari 250 GT Lusso wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge