BMW 7 Series
BMW 7 Series Tyres
Michelin TRX Tyres Explained
- The early 7 Series BMW fitted a 205/70VR14 XWX.
- We would instead suggest fitting 205/70 WR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36. The Michelin is an excellent tyre and affords more comfort while driving, but the Pirelli is more sporting and offers better value for money.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 14F inner tube.
- Later BMW 7 Series fitted a 220/55 R390 or 240/45 415 tyre.
- For these sizes Longstone recommends the 220/55 WR 390 Michelin TRX, and the 240/45VR415 Michelin TRX GT respectively.
BMW 7 Series Recommended Tyres
Other Options for BMW 7 Series Tyres
History of the BMW 7 Series
The E23 was the first generation 7 Series car, and it was manufactured between 1977 and 1987. To replace the E3 sedans, it was developed in a 4-door sedan body type with 6-cylinder engines. A turbocharged 6-cylinder engine was offered from 1983 to 1987. For the first time in a BMW, the E23 included an on-board computer, service interval indication, a "check control panel" (warning lights to signal system failures to the driver), a Dictaphone, and complicated temperature control systems. It was also the first BMW to include anti-lock braking (ABS), a driver's airbag, and a double-link front suspension.