Saab 96 Tyres
1975 Saab 96
Saab 96 1960-1980
- We recommend the 155 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™; CA67, this tyre is believed to be OE on many Saab 96 models.
- We also recommend the 155HR15 Michelin XAS FF, a classic tyre designed to help classic cars drive straight on high-speed motorways.
- The 155 TR 15 Michelin X is also a good option for the nimble 96.
- For these tyres the Michelin 15E is the ideal innertube.
- Our period Innertube Guides inform which models transitioned to tubeless tyres, and when. See below to find your year and model.
Saab 96 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Saab 96 Tyres
History of the Saab 96
Built between 1960-1980, the Saab 96 came as a replacement for the Saab 93 from which it was heavily based on with some developments from the old Saab 92 chassis. From 1967 the V4 version would start to appear; a secret development between Saab engineer Rolf Mellde and Saab major stockholder Marc Wallenberg. Though the Saab 93 had been the first Saab exported outside of Sweden, the Saab 96 was the first car to be officially imported into the UK. It would enjoy motorsport success, contending with its main Swedish rival Volvo. The Saab 99 was intended to replace the 96 in 1969, however, the Saab 96 would continue to be sold up until 1980 where the Saab 99 was replaced by the Saab 900.