Riley 1.5 Tyres
- The Riley 1.5 originally fitted 520 - 14 crossply tyres.
- In this size the 5.00/5.20 x 14 Waymaster Premium is a good option.
- Our recommendation for the 1.5 Riley would be the 145 R 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67.
- A slightly Taller alternative tyre would be the 155 TR 14 Michelin X.
- We also offer a 145 HR 14 Pirelli CINTURATO CA67 & New Wheel fitted and balanced.
- The Waymaster Premium and the 145 Cinturato are best fitted withMichelin 14CG Offset Valve inner tubes.
- For 155 R14 tyres (such as the 155 TR 14 Michelin X) Longstone recommends the Michelin 14D inner tube.
- Tyre pressure recommendations for the 1500 Riley are 24 psi front and 26 psi rear.
Riley 1500 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Riley 1500 Tyres
History of the Riley 1.5
Built between 1957-1965, the Riley One-Point-Five and the Wolseley 1500 were cars were based on the Morris Minor with the larger 1489 cc engine and gearbox from an MG Magnette. The main differences between the Riley and Wolseley was that the Wolseley only had one SU H4 Carburettor and used smaller Lockheed brakes.
Riley 1500 FAQ
A: In the original 5.20-14 crossply size the 5.00/5.20 x 14 Waymaster Premium can be fitted. 145R14 is the radial alternative to a 5.20-14 classic crossply tyre. Pirelli make a 145R14 Cinturato CA67 which is a period radial tyre that is perfectly suited to a Riley 1500.
A: The Morris Minor wheel is the same as the Riley 1500 and Wolseley 1500 for that matter.