Citroen Birotor Tyres
Citroen Birotor Advert
Citroen Birotor 1973-1975
- For Citroen Birotor tyres a set of 165 HR 14 Michelin XAS is recommended by Longstone Tyres.
- For a wider profile alternative you could fit 185/70 R 14 Michelin XAS or 185/70 VR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 tyres to your Citroen Birotor.
- Both the Michelin and the Pirelli are excellent choices of tyre, but with Michelin being French, they are a more appropriate tyre for this classic Citroen automobile.
- Our period fitment guides suggest that the Birotor was released on wheels suitable for tubeless tyres.
- One might still fit innertubes to tubeless wheels; perhaps if you have tube-type tyres, a puncture, or you are not confident your rims are airtight.
- For these tyres the Michelin 14D is the best Citroen Birotor innertube.
Citroen Birotor Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Citroen Birotor Tyres
History of the Citroen Birotor
1973 Citroen Birotor
Built only in 1974 the Citroen Birotor, also called Citroën GZ, was sadly a large mistake for the company. Made by taking a Wankel engine and inserting it into a GS to make a fast and easy to drive saloon, the car ended up being very pricey (even more than a Citroen DS) as well as thirsty in the midst of the 1970's Oil Crisis.