Alfa Romeo 2000
Alfa Romeo 2000 Tyres
- Longstone recommends the 165HR400 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 vintage tyre as the best tyre for the early Alfa Romeo 2000.
- The Alfa Romeo 2000 fitted a 165-400 Tyres from 1959 to 1971. We believe the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ would have been the original fitment tyre. The only other tyre available in this size is the 165 SR 400 Michelin X which is also an excellent tyre with an S speed rating.
- For these tyres Longstone recommends the Michelin 16E inner tube.
- From 1971 onwards the Alfa Romeo 2000 fitted a 165-14 Tyres, we recommend the 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 vintage tyre as the best tyre for the Alfa Romeo 2000.
- Longstone suggests the Michelin 14D inner tube for these tyres.
- For more information on inner tubing, see our inner tube guide.
Alfa Romeo 2000 14" Tyres
Alfa Romeo 2000 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Alfa Romeo 2000 Tyres
History of the Alfa Romeo 2000
The engine was a fairly powerful two-litre, and when combined with the superior aerodynamic design, the Alfa Romeo 2000 was a remarkably advanced automobile for its day. In certain ways, the 2000 was a precursor of the Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint. The Alfa Romeo 2000 had a two-litre engine designed to pay homage to the many triumphs gained by Alfa Romeo racing vehicles in the 1930s and 1940s. A space frame chassis, like seen on the fantastic Disco Volante, a de dion rear axle, and a 140 horsepower hemispherical combustion chamber engine!
Franco Scaglione of Bertone was tasked with developing a small lightweight body that would fit on the space frame chassis. There were only two models produced: a coupe and a Spyder. Unfortunately, only two Spyders and two coupes were produced of these magnificent vehicles. This meant that these Alfa Romeos were exceedingly rare. This was a street-legal supercar that was very competitive at the time. The Alfa Romeo 2000 integrated current design approaches and technology breakthroughs, giving it a competitive advantage.
Alfa Romeo 2000 Borrani Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Alfa Romeo 2000, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Alfa Romeo 2000 Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com.
Click the link for Alfa Romeo 2000 Borrani wheels.
Alfa Romeo 2000 wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres. Alfa Romeo wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge