Alfa Romeo 2000
Alfa Romeo 2000 Tyres
- Longstone recommends the 165HR400 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 vintage tyre as the best tyre for the early Alfa Romeo 2000.
- The Alfa Romeo 2000 fitted a 165-400 Tyres from 1959 to 1971. We believe the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ would have been the original fitment tyre. The only other tyre available in this size is the 165 SR 400 Michelin X which is also an excellent tyre with an S speed rating.
- For these tyres Longstone recommends the Michelin 16E inner tube.
- From 1971 onwards the Alfa Romeo 2000 fitted a 165-14 Tyres, we recommend the 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 vintage tyre as the best tyre for the Alfa Romeo 2000.
- Longstone recommends the Michelin 14D inner tube for these tyres.
- For more information on inner tubing, see our inner tube guide.
Alfa Romeo 2000 14" Tyres
Alfa Romeo 2000 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Alfa Romeo 2000 Tyres
History of the Alfa Romeo 2000
The engine was a reasonably powerful two litre, together with the advanced aerodynamic styling the Alfa Romeo 2000 a very advanced car for its day. The car in a sense was the forerunner of the Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint.
The Alfa Romeo 2000 had a two litre engine built to pay homage to the many victories achieved by the earlier 30's and 40's Alfa Romeo racing cars. A space frame chassis, also seen on the wonderful Disco Volante, de dion rear axle and hemispherical combustion chamber engine producing a staggering 140 horsepower!
Bertone's Franco Scaglione was given the task of designing a short lightweight body that would fit on the space frame chassis. Only two designs were created; a coupe and a Spyder. Unfortunately production of these wonderful cars was low and only two Spyders and two coupes were created. This meant these Alfa Romeos were extremely exclusive. This was a road going supercar that was extremely competitive in its day. The Alfa Romeo 2000 incorporated modern design techniques and technological advancements, which gave it the edge over competitors.
Alfa Romeo 2000 Borrani Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Alfa Romeo 2000, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Alfa Romeo 2000 Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Borrani Wheels for a Alfa Romeo 2000
Alfa Romeo 2000 wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres. Alfa Romeo wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge