1954-55 Jensen 541 Drophead Coupe
Jensen 541 S Tyres
- Jensen originally fitted 640 H 15 Avon Super Safety to the 541S.
- A radial equivalent to a crossply 6.40-15 is 185VR15.
- We would recommend fitting a 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 as the best road tyre for the 541S Jensen.
- Because the 541 S has wire wheels, it needs innertubes, and the 15F Michelin innertube offers the best fit.
- Some 541S cars had standard tube-type wheels, innertubes are required for these wheels.
- Cross ply tyre pressures for a 541 S would have been 26psi front and 28psi in the rear.
- On today's high-speed roads, fitted with radial tyres we would suggest 30psi front and rear as good tyre pressures for a Jensen 541S.
- Some people might put 205/70R15 tyres on the 541S, but the extra wide tyres won’t ride or handle as progressively, it is not something we recommend.
- See below for links to Borrani wire wheels for your Jensen 541S.
Jensen 541S Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Jensen 541S Tyres