Morris Oxford Tyres
The following list is what Longstone Tyres recommends fitting to your Morris Oxford:
- 710 x 90 Ensign Chevron Cord for a Pre-1924 "Bull-Nosed" Morris Oxford.
- We recommend 710X90 RET Michelin inner tubes for pre 24 Bullnose Morris.
- These early Bullnose Morris want 60psi tyre pressure in a beaded edge 710X90 tyres.
- 4.75/5.00 x 19 Lucas for a Pre-War Morris Oxford.
- Post 1924 bullnose Morris and the 1926 onward flatnose Morris, use 18/19CD RET Michelin Inner tubes.
- Longstone recommends the 155 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 or the 155 TR 15 Michelin X for a Morris Oxford Series I & II.
- These Series MO & Series 2 Morris Oxfords from 1948–56 are best fit with Michelin 15E inner tubes.
- 165 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 for a series 3 Morris Oxford & series 4 Traveller.
- So the Morris Oxford from 1956 to 1960 wants the Michelin 15E inner tube.
- The Series 5 Oxford and Oxford traveller & series 6 we suggest 165 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- The inner tube we recommend for the series 5 & 6 is Michelin 14E.
Morris Oxford Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Morris Oxford
History of the Morris Oxford
Built in some variation or the other from 1913-1971, the Pre-War and Post-War Oxfords share little in common apart from naming. The original 1913 Pre-War Oxford was William Morris' first car, and was called the Oxford in honour of its home city. Pre-1924 the Morris Oxford had an iconic front end which would lead to the nickname of "Bull-Nosed" for these early models.
The later Post-War Morris Oxfords would be sold mostly as either a 4-door saloon or as a 2-door estate known as the Morris Oxford Traveller, some of which featured distinct exposed wooden paneling on the outside (most notably the Series III "Woody" Traveller).