AC Aceca Tyres
AC Aceca 1954–1963
AC Aceca Tyres Explained
- The 5.50 R 16 Michelin X were the original AC Aceca tyres, and are the tyres we recommend.
- AC cars of this period fitted tube-type wheels and innertubes. All wire wheels require an innertube. The Michelin 16E is the perfect AC Aceca innertube.
- Our suggested AC Aceca tyre pressures are 28psi in the front and 33psi in the rear.
AC Aceca Recommended Tyres
Other Options for AC Aceca Tyres
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge
History of the AC Aceca
The Aceca (pronounced "A-See-Ka"), introduced in 1954, was the grand touring coupé version of the AC Ace, with just 151 manufactured but several luxurious upgrades over the Ace. The Aceca was just the second automobile, following the 1953 Aston Martin DB2/4, to include a rear hatchback.
The engine was the primary distinction between the Aceca and the Aceca-Bristol. The Aceca shared its 90 horsepower, 1,991 cc overhead camshaft AC engine with the lighter AC Ace, but the Aceca-Bristol utilised a 125 hp "D-Type" 2.0 L (1971 cc/120 in3) unit provided by Bristol Cars. The Aceca-Bristol could also be had with a milder "B-Type" Bristol engine producing 105 horsepower. The Bristol standard added $1000 to the Aceca's $5,400 price tag in the United States. In the United Kingdom, the entry-level vehicle costs £1722; £48,364 in today's money (October 2021).
AC Aceca FAQ
A: The AC Aceca fitted 5.50 R16 Michelin X, which is still manufactured today.
A: Yes, because it has wire wheels. Michelin makes a 16E 13 which is perfect for the Aceca.
AC Aceca Borrani Wire Wheels
The AC Aceca fitted wire wheels. Borrani does not make wire wheels specifically for the Aceca, however, as it is similar to the AC Ace, Borrani wheels are an option. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without a doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for AC Aceca Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles: