Volvo 66 Tyres
Volvo 66 DL
Volvo 66 Tyres
- Volvo fitted some editions of the 66, including the Coupe, with 155-13 Tyres.
- For Volvo 66 on 13" wheels a set of 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 or 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF is recommended by Longstone Tyres. The Michelin XAS and CINTURATO CA67 are predominantly sports car tyres designed to provide ultimate grip and directional stability.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D innertube.
- Some other editions, including the 66L and the Kombi, fitted 135-14 tyres. This is an uncommon size that we do not currently stock, however these 14" wheels could instead be nicely fitted with 145-14 Tyres.
- For 14" tyres Longstone recommends a set of 145 HR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 tyres.
- For these tyres the Michelin 14D is the ideal innertube.
- Our period Innertube Guides inform which models fitted tube type wheels, and which models transitioned to tubeless wheels. See below for more information.
Volvo 66 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Volvo 66 Tyres
History of the Volvo 66
Built between 1975-1980, the Volvo 66 was a derivation of the DAF 66 after Volvo bought DAF but before the Volvo 300 series was put into production. The Volvo 66 came as either a two-door saloon and a three-door estate version, with the main upgrades over the DAF 66 being safety features. Its DAF heritage though led to it never being accepted as a true Volvo by customers, and it suffered for it.