Triumph TR3 Tyres
- The Triumph TR3 originally fitted a 550x15 Crossply tyre, of which the best radial alternative these days is the 155 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 which will give the nicest handling.
- Many people like a larger tyre on their TR3, for which we recommend the 165 HR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 which will give more grip and longer legs.
- The 165 SR 15 Michelin XZX is a more late ‘60s tyre and an absolute bargain at the moment, but not so much a sports car tyre and more suited to something like a VW Beetle.
- TR3 White Wall Tyres are now also made as a 165R15 Michelin XZX Whitewall , however the TR3 is not suited to white walls.
- The best inner tube for a TR3 on these tyres is the Michelin 15E inner tube.
- Some owners want an even wider tyre foot print than this and fit a 195/65X15 or more, but Longstone Tyres would advise against this.
- Tyre pressures for a TR3 we suggest 30 psi in the front and 34psi in the rear.
- Set of 2 185/70R15 & 2 215/60R15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36
Starting at $1,711.92 $1,426.60
Triumph TR3 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Triumph TR3 Tyres
A: The original tyres on a TR3 were 5.50-15 crossply tyres. The radial alternative to a 5.50-15 crossply is a 155R15. Michelin still make a 155R15 X and Pirelli still make a 155HR15 Cinturato CA67 that were options at the time.
A: Yes a TR3 can fit either 155R15 or 165R15 tyres and Michelin make a 165R15 XZX which is not really a sports car tyre but will work. However putting white wall tyres on a TR3 in the first place is a mistake not suited to Classic European sports cars.
A: Yes. a TR3 fitted wire wheels. All wire wheels should fit innertubes.