Classic Mini Tyres
- The original 1959 Austin Seven or Morris Mini-Minor as the Mini was originally called fitted 10” wheels and Tubeless 520-10 Dunlop C41 Crossply tyres.
- If you want to maintain the crossply tyre we can supply 5.20-10 Camac.
- In 1961 with the introduction of the Austin Mini Cooper and Morris Mini Cooper they offered radial 145 R 10 Pirelli Cinturato.
- In March 1963 the 1,071cc Mini Cooper S was introduced, at the same time, the option of Dunlop SP41 Radial was offered if a Cinturato could not be afforded.
- In 1968 Dunlop developed the SP68 Aquajet and the Mini Cooper, Cooper S and 1275 GT fitted either 145 SR 10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet on 3.5" rims or 165/70 SR 10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet on 4.5" rims.
- By 1973 all the models: Mini 850, Mini 1000, Mini Estate, Mini clubman, 1275GT And Mini Cooper fitted Radial tyres as standard.
- The Classic Mini fitted 145 SR 10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet on 3.5B10 wheels, 165/70 SR 10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet on 4.5J-10 wheels.
- Some of the Mini Cooper S and the 1275 GT models fitted 165/70R10 Dunlop SP Sport on 5.00C-10 Alloy wheels.
- There was a period in the late 1970s where 310mm wheels were fitted with the classic Dunlop Denovo 155/65R310 tyres.
- The 155/65R310 Dunlop Denovo tyres are no longer produced. We recommend changing your wheels.
- In 1984 when the classic Mini was fitted with disc brakes which needed 12” wheels to house them.
- Pirelli make the 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54 for these 12" wheels, as they were often OE.
- Many of the Rover Mini Special editions such as the Studio 2, Flame Red and Mini Cooper of 1990, Italian Job and Mini Tahiti of 1993 fitted the 145/70 R 12 Cinturato CN54 as OE.
- Our period Innertube Guides state which variants of the Mini had tube type wheels as original equipment (requiring innertubes) and which models transitioned to tubeless wheels. See below to find your year and model, or for more information, see our Innertube Page.
- These Cinturato CN54 are tubeless tyres, However if you need an innertube for whatever reason Michelin 12CG innertube.
Mini Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Mini Tyres