Classic Mini Tyres
- The original classic Mini came fitted with tiny little 10” wheels and 520-10 Crossply tyres.
- These early cars could also be fitted with the optional 145R10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet.
- By 1973 all the models: Mini 850, Mini 1000, Mini Estate, Mini clubman, 1275GT And Mini Cooper fitted Radial tyres as standard.
- The Classic Mini fitted 145R10 Dunlop Aquajet on 3.5B10 wheels, 165/70R10 Dunlop Aquajet on 4.5J-10 wheels.
- Some of the Mini Cooper S and the 1275 GT models fitted 165/70R10 Dunlop SP Sport on 5.00C-10 Alloy wheels.
- There was a period in the late 1970s where 310mm wheels were fitted with the classic Dunlop Denovo 155/65R310 tyres.
- The 155/65R310 Dunlop Denovo tyres are no longer produced. We recommend changing your wheels.
- In 1984 when the classic Mini was fitted with disc brakes they need a taller 12” wheels.
- For Post 1984 Mini we have Michelin 145/70R12 Michelin XZX.
- Many of the Rover Mini Special editions such as the Studio 2, Flame Red and Mini Cooper of 1990, Italian Job and Mini Tahiti of 1993 fitted the 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54, which we suggest is Perfect for Mini on 12” wheels.
Mini Recommended Tyres
Mini Inner Tubes
A: the first Mini fitted 520-10 Crossply tyres, then they moved onto 145R10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet. Sporting models with wider wheels moved onto 165/70R10 Dunlop Aquajet. Then with the addition of disc brakes they moved onto 12” wheels and you could fit the 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato.
A: Mini fitted disc brakes in 1984. The disc brakes needed a larger internal diameter so the Mini moved ont 12” wheels, which opens up the opportunity to fit 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54.
Rover Mini Tyres
A: The Early Mini Coopers fitted 10” Dunlop Aquajet, or Dunlop SP Sport. However the later Rover edition of the Mini Cooper fitted 145/70SR12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54.
A: Many of the MKV Minis made under the Rover brand came fitted with the Pirelli 145/70SR12 Cinturato CN54. Models such as the Mini Park Lane of 1987 and Mini Thirty of 1989 fitted Pirelli, and the Flame Red of 1990, Mini Cooper of 1990, Italian Job and Mini Tahiti of 1993 fitted the Cinturato CN54.
Classic Mini Tyre Pressure
A: Early Mini on crossply tyres want 24psi. classic Mini fitting 10” radial tyres 28psi front and 26psi in the rear. The Austin Rover Mini City, Mini Mayfair and other models fitting 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54 28psi is suggested.