Classic Mini Tyres
- The original 1959 Austin Seven or Morris Mini-Minor as the Mini was originally called fitted 10” wheels and Tubeless 520-10 Dunlop C41 Crossply tyres.
- If you want to maintain the crossply tyre we can supply 5.20-10 Camac.
- In 1961 with the introduction of the Austin Mini Cooper and Morris Mini Cooper they offered radial 145 R 10 Pirelli Cinturato.
- In March 1963 the 1,071cc Mini Cooper S was introduced, at the same time the option of Dunlop SP41 Radial was offered if a Cinturato could be afforded.
- In 1968 Dunlop developed the SP68 Aquajet and the Mini Cooper, Cooper S and 1275 GT fitted either 145 SR 10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet on 3.5" rims or 165/70 SR 10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet on 4.5" rims.
- By 1973 all the models: Mini 850, Mini 1000, Mini Estate, Mini clubman, 1275GT And Mini Cooper fitted Radial tyres as standard.
- The Classic Mini fitted 145 SR 10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet on 3.5B10 wheels, 165/70 SR 10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet on 4.5J-10 wheels.
- Some of the Mini Cooper S and the 1275 GT models fitted 165/70R10 Dunlop SP Sport on 5.00C-10 Alloy wheels.
- There was a period in the late 1970s where 310mm wheels were fitted with the classic Dunlop Denovo 155/65R310 tyres.
- The 155/65R310 Dunlop Denovo tyres are no longer produced. We recommend changing your wheels.
- In 1984 when the classic Mini was fitted with disc brakes which needed 12” wheels to house them.
- Pirelli make the 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54 for these 12" wheels, as they were often OE.
- Many of the Rover Mini Special editions such as the Studio 2, Flame Red and Mini Cooper of 1990, Italian Job and Mini Tahiti of 1993 fitted the 145/70 R 12 Cinturato CN54 as OE.
- These Cinturato CN54 are tubeless tyres, However if you need an inner tube for whatever reason Michelin 12CG inner tube.
Mini Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Mini Tyres
Limited Edition Mini Tyres
Towards the end of the production of the fabulous little Mini, in a way to attempt to boost sale, Rover made some upgraded special editions. Among the special equipment on these cars the 145/70R12 Pirelli CN54 was commonly added to boost the handling of the car while still having a retro look that suits the car so well.
The following limited edition Minis fitted 145/70R12 Cinturato CN54 as OE:
Mini 25 1984
Mini 30 1989
Mini Mayfair 82 – 96
Mini Ritz 1985
Mini Chelsea 1985
Mini Picadilli 1986
Mini Park Lane 1987
Mini Red Hot 1988
Mini Jet Black 1988
Mini Rose 1989
Mini Sky 1989
Mini Racing 1988
Mini Flame 1989
Mini Racing Green 1989 – 1990
Mini Red Flame 1990
Mini Checkers 1990
Mini Designer 1988
Mini Paul Smith 1988
Mini Cooper RSP 1990
Mini After-Eight 1991
Mini British Open Classic 1992
Mini Italian Job 1992 - 1993
Mini Rio 1993
Mini Tahiti 1993
The good news for classic Mini fans is we have a choice of genuine period Mini tyres in the size 145/70R12. There is the Michelin XZX of 1976nad also the 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54 that Rover were fitting to its top models of Mini throughout the 1980s and early 1990s.
A: the first Mini fitted 520-10 Crossply tyres, then they moved onto 145R10 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet. Sporting models with wider wheels moved onto 165/70R10 Dunlop Aquajet. Then with the addition of disc brakes they moved onto 12” wheels and you could fit the 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato.
A: Mini fitted disc brakes in 1984. The disc brakes needed a larger internal diameter so the Mini moved ont 12” wheels, which opens up the opportunity to fit 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54.
Rover Mini Tyres
A: The Early Mini Coopers fitted 10” Dunlop Aquajet, or Dunlop SP Sport. However the later Rover edition of the Mini Cooper fitted 145/70SR12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54.
A: Many of the MKV Minis made under the Rover brand came fitted with the Pirelli 145/70SR12 Cinturato CN54. Models such as the Mini Park Lane of 1987 and Mini Thirty of 1989 fitted Pirelli, and the Flame Red of 1990, Mini Cooper of 1990, Italian Job and Mini Tahiti of 1993 fitted the Cinturato CN54.
Classic Mini Tyre Pressure
A: Early Mini on crossply tyres want 24psi. classic Mini fitting 10” radial tyres 28psi front and 26psi in the rear. The Austin Rover Mini City, Mini Mayfair and other models fitting 145/70R12 Pirelli Cinturato CN54 28psi is suggested.