AC Aceca Bristol Tyres
AC Aceca Bristol
AC Aceca-Bristol 1956–1963
- The original AC Aceca Bristol tyre is the 5.50 R 16 Michelin X, which we still recommend as it is still the best performance tyre in this size.
- The Aceca Bristol left the factory fitted with innertubes. The Michelin 16E is our suggested AC Aceca Bristol innertube.
- The suggested AC Aceca tyre pressure is 28psi in the front and 33psi in the rear.
AC Aceca Bristol Recommended Tyres
Other Options for AC Aceca Bristol Tyres
History of the AC Aceca-Bristol
The Bristol engine upgrade was supplied to the Aceca, which was manufactured between 1956 and 1963, and although it would make it a considerably more costly car, the increase in performance saw it outsell the regular Aceca. AC cars are Britain's oldest vehicle manufacturer and have been in continuous production since 1901. The Aceca in-line-six Bristol engine was based on a BMW design, with a cast-iron block and an aluminium cylinder head. It features a single camshaft with pushrods extending vertically to a rocker shaft on the intake side of the engine and additional horizontal pushrods running in 6 tubes over the engine to reach the exhaust rockers. The two inclined rocker covers give the motor the appearance of an overhead camshaft setup. Using modest adapter plates, three inline Solex downdraft carburettors were mounted directly to the cylinder head casting.
AC Aceca Bristol Borrani Wire Wheels
The AC Aceca Bristol fitted wire wheels. Borrani does not make wire wheels specifically for the Aceca Bristol, however as it is similar to the AC Ace, Borrani wheels are an option. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without a doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for AC Aceca Bristol Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge