Delage D8 Tyres
History of the Delage D8
Delage's D8 was an eight-cylinder luxury vehicle manufactured between 1929 and 1940. The D8 was powered by a straight 8 engine, a first for both Delage and the French automobile industry. The 4061cc engine had an overhead camshaft and a maximum output of 102 horsepower at 3,500 rpm for the “D8 Normale” and 120 hp for the “D8 S” variant. Power was sent to the rear wheels via a four-speed manual transmission with synchromesh on the top two gears.
The performance will have varied depending on the weight of the body selected, but the maximum speed indicated for the "D8 Normale" was 75 mph, while the "D8 S" was 82 mph. Delage adopted a conventional approach to its function as a car manufacturer, selling cars in bare chassis form to be bodied and fitted up by renowned bespoke builders such as Letourneur et Marchand and Chapron. As a result, the D8 appeared in a broad range of beautiful styles during its life.